29. august 2011

Sew as you go...








That was more or less what I did with this bag.  I had no pattern, just a picture in my head of what I wanted.
Last summer I was lucky enough to come across a fantastic ribbon from the 70s. Since then I have been looking for a project and last week I decided to use it for a bag.



My original plan was to make more cartoon wallets, but as always when I’m in the “should have done” mode my imagination takes a detour.
All my bags need to have a zippered inner pocket; I also prefer to close it with a zipper, have contrasting colors and for it not to be too large. (I see no reason to carry around more than necessary.) 



With that as my starting point I began looking through my fabric collection. How many times I had to cut a little here and pull up a little seam there until I finally got the shape and size I wanted I dont know. Sadly I was not able to have the zipper closure that I wanted. The solutions I tried made the ribbon around crumble so I decided to go for a magnetic button instead. I have since then, of course, managed to figure out how it should have been done, but at that time I was tired of the whole project and decided to leave it as it is. I should also have used a stiffer interfacing to avoid the bag falling over at the magnetic closure. But all in all not too bad for my first attempt with no pattern or other instructions.



Link Party Photobucket  

4 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

love it!

Anonym sa...

This is darling! You did so great and without a pattern!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

MC sa...

Awesome bag! Love the two prints you picked for this, they really stand out. You did much better than I did on my 1st try at designing a bag.

Atelier Ullizee sa...

Beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...