5. november 2011

Boots organizing

First i would like to thank all of my new followers who joined the last two weeks.  15 new followers in two weeks might not seem like much for you who live in the US. But I’m from Norway, a county with fewer inhabitants than a medium city in the US. So thanks again for following and I hope you’ll find something of interest in the future as well.


It’s autumn (surprise, surprise…:) and although it’s been a very mild and dry one so far I know it will get wet… very wet… which in turn triggers one of my biggest annoyances . Shoes and boots, sand and slush in perfect harmony all over the floor. Impossible to keep clean since the boots are constantly in the way. And even when I try to line them up nice it looks messy.





But then I got an idea… a curtain rod... Should be able to make that into something useful… I put thought into action and suddenly my hallway look a lot more organized and it’s possible for both the vacuum and mop to get around.
Only negative I have encountered so far is that the hooks I used has little teeth to provide a good grip. These teeth might leave a mark on the boot shaft so if you appreciate your things a little more than I do I would put something in between the shaft and teeth.




Photobucket

11 kommentarer:

Restore and Renew sa...

What a great idea!! I am going to use this for sure!

Tammy sa...

And my list of "Why Didn't I Think Of That?" just got a little longer! Thanks for sharing!!

Charulata Lakshmi sa...

That is awesome. I am gonna try. To make a suggestion, try covering the clip teeth with fabric tape. That might prevent them from digging into your booths!

Julianne sa...

Love this idea! New follower! I'd love if you followed back!

Julianne
www.sewfantastic.blogspot.com

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home sa...

What a fantastic idea. I'm a new follower. I hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet Home.
P.S. I have a link party every Monday and would love for you to stop by and link up any projects you've been working on.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

Shiloh sa...

Oh goodness! That's genius! My boots are always floppy over too. What a fantastic idea!

TMichelle sa...

Great idea! Have you thought about using skirt hangers and pushing the clips close together. It shouldn't leave marks and might hold them.

Good Girl Gone Green sa...

Cute idea! :)

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You sa...

Thank you for linking up at Serenity
Saturday link party

think i need this
Hope you can come and join us this week too

Natasha xx

www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

Marie sa...

Great idea! I have all my boots in a basket and it's a pain! This is awesome! So glad you linked up with us! Have a great week!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

Trish - Mom On Timeout sa...

Such a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday! Hope to see you again tomorrow :)
-Trish @ Mom On Timeout
http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...