10. desember 2011

Tutorial - Christmas bulbs



Last year I started making these Christmas bulbs from old light bulbs. I think it’s a great way to recycle them while they still exist, and they became very decorative.
What you need:

Light bulbs
Glue
Napkins
Christmas images
Paint
Glitter
something you can rest the light bulb on when it’s drying.  I used a roll with ribbon for gift wrapping.
Varnish
wire
Scissors

1.       The first thing I did was to cover the bulb in a napkin. I don’t put any effort into doing this nice because most of it is supposed to be covered up.  


2. Next I start putting my images on. It’s important to put glue on both sides of the image so you don’t get air bubbles.
I start with the biggest images and then fill in the gaps with smaller ones until the whole bulb is covered.


To make the image fit around the bulb you have to cut it in several places. Don’t worry about the image losing its shape because that will not ruin the overall impression. Sometimes I cut an image as much as ten times.



3.Now you need to wait for the bulb to dry before you put on 3 layers of glossy varnish.



4.Then I paint the socket and when the paint is still wet I cover it with glitter.




5.When the paint is dry I wrap wire around the socket to have something to hang it from. 








Photobucket   Chic on a Shoestring Decorating  

12 kommentarer:

Trisha Baker sa...

Hi!. I LOVE your Christmas bulb ornaments! So creative. Thanks so much for linking up to my party @ Re-made Just Right, Hope to see you link up again!

Etcetorize sa...

This is such a great project! I love how you used the christmas images. I hope you'll share this at my linky party this week, it opens later this evening: http://etcetorize.blogspot.com ~

Gayle Page-Robak sa...

This is such a wonderful project. I love your decorated light bulbs...beautifully created. Thank you for your tutorial.I have joined your followers list and would love to have you join me as well. Season's Greetings. Hugs, Gayle
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

The CSI Girl sa...

This is so great!!! So clever! I would love for you to share this on the CSI Project this week. The theme is ornaments. Come by everyday to see a tutorial. Then link up starting Wednesday at midnight!!!!
We have a great giveaway too!

Thanks
Dee, the CSI girl
www.thecsiproject.com

Cottage and Broome sa...

They turned out great! I love to collage items too, Laura

Emily Thompson sa...

these are beautiful! I'd like to invite you to come over and join my special ornament link party... open the rest of this month.. I also have a FAB ornament giveaway you can enter. Hope you can check it out!
http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/12/ornamentsparty-giveaway.html

Maria Kitching sa...

These are really fab, what a wonderful recycling idea.

Charlotte Wilson sa...

These bulbs are wonderful and are instant heirlooms! Very clever idea!

♥charlotte

Christina at I Gotta Create! sa...

What a wonderful way to recycle! Beautiful :)

Lori sa...

Beautiful, simple idea! I'm a follower now, so I don't miss your great ideas. Stop by and visit and follow if you like. Warm wishes

ANNE sa...

What a good idea! I love the shapes and colours.

Etcetorize sa...

I'm featuring your project this week at Etcetorize: http://etcetorize.blogspot.com/2011/12/make-it-great-monday_18.html Stop by and grab a button from the sidebar if you like~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...